As part of our ongoing commitment to quality and control and to comply with our regulatory obligations, we work hard to treat all our customers fairly and have established procedures to ensure that any complaints are dealt with in a timely and satisfactory manner.
As part of its statutory obligation, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has established the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) which has the power to consider, arbitrate and settle complaints against authorised firms in the event that the parties concerned have been unable to resolve the matter between themselves.
People who may complain to the FOS must be 'eligible complainants' and who are either private individuals (i.e. acting outside of their normal business or profession) or businesses (usually less than 10 staff, with an annual turnover of less than €2 million)
If you wish to make a complaint please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or, if you prefer, write to us by post to Mr Paul Barnes, Amersham Investment Management Ltd, 1st Floor, 25 Lexington Street, London W1F 9AH.
If we receive a complaint from you, we will take the following steps towards resolving your complaint:
- We will consider the grounds of your complaint and work to provide a suitable explanation and/or offer appropriate redress by way of an apology or financial compensation.
- Within 3 business days we will provide you (by the same method as your complaint was received e.g. by post or email) with a written acknowledgement of receipt of your complaint, and
- We will keep you informed of the progress made in resolving your complaint which may involve requesting further information from.
Within 4 weeks of receipt of your complaint:
- We will reply to you with our final response providing an explanation of the action we intend to take, including any advice given to us, as a means towards resolving the complaint and we will further offer redress by way of an apology and compensation, if appropriate, or
- If we are unable to provide you with a final response, we will explain the reason(s) why and give you an indication as to when we expect to provide this response.
- The final response letter will include details of referring your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) should you be dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint. If we believe you are not eligible to refer your complaint to the FOS we will tell you, however you are still within your rights to check this yourself with the FOS.
Within a further 4 weeks (8 weeks from receipt of the original complaint):
- We will write to you with our final response, explanations and any offer for redress. As above, should you should be dissatisfied with the outcome you may be able to refer your complaint to the FOS, if eligible to do so.
- If you have not received a final response from us within 8 weeks, we will further explain why we are not in a position to make a final response and when we expect to do so. We will also advise you, where applicable, of your entitlement to refer the matter to the FOS even though you have yet to receive our final response.
You will remain entitled to refer your complaint to the FOS for 6 months following receipt of our final response letter to you.
Further information may be obtained from:
Financial Ombudsman Service
London E14 9SR
Tel: 0845 080 1800
Switchboard: 020 7964 1000
Financial Conduct Authority
25 The North Colonnade
London E14 5HS
Switchboard: 020 7676 1000
Our Complaints Officer at Amersham Investment Management is:
Mr Paul Barnes
Director & Compliance Officer
Email: E: email@example.com
Registered Office: 1 st Floor, 25 Lexington Street, London W1F 9AH
Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - FRN 507460